Posted on

Track Orders

Track your order

Go to Homepage

Posted on

Register A New Business

Electronic State tax / Federal Filing Options

Made $64,000 or less in 2016? Use Free state tax File

If you made $64,000 or less in 2016, you qualify to file both your federal and state return through free, easy to use tax governmental preparation software.

Generally, if you have business activity in the Common wealth of The United States, you need to register your business with Country Tax office.

The online registration process will only ask you for information that pertains to the type of business you have. You can start the registration process, save a draft, and come back later to complete your registration.

When you have completed your online registration, you will be assigned a State Tax account number. It is important that you include your State Tax account number on all tax returns, payments, and other information you file.

  • If your business will be collecting sales tax, a Certificate of Registration is provided at the end of your registration process. This is your permit to collect sales tax, and issue and receive exemption certificates. The Certificate of Registration must be displayed at your physical place of business.
  • If you plan to hire employees, you can easily register your business with the State  Employment Commission (VEC) at the same time you register with State Tax. VEC is responsible for collecting unemployment tax.

If you are unable to register online, download the Business Registration Form (R-1)  of your assigned state to mail in or fax.

Also , to get A business EIN number you could : go over this new Employer list 

New Businesses

Most new businesses need to register with the IRS and/or State Corporation Commission before registering with State Tax. Before registering with State Tax, you’ll need a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) from the IRS. Don’t have one yet? You can get one in a matter of minutes through the IRS website.

New business resources:

  • The State Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD) provides a one-stop service for technical assistance related to business formation, access to capital, workforce development, and entrepreneurial workshops. SBSD provides an online interactive Business One Stop system to assist you in registering your business with several State and local agencies at one time.
  • U.S. Small Business Administration

Household Employers

If you employ household service employees, you may need to register with both State Tax and VEC as a household employer.

Household employees include:

  • Babysitters
  • Caretakers
  • Cleaning people
  • Domestic workers
  • Drivers
  • Yard workers
  • Health aides
  • Housekeepers
  • Maids
  • Nannies
  • Private nurses